ABOUT THIS POSITION
Assistant Store Manager
Hours per Week: 40
Transform your career, and transform the suit.
Say no to normal. We’re defying convention to make buying suits less intimidating and more individual. We’re on a mission to become the go-to destination for suits.
As part of our rapid growth, we’re looking for a driven, enthusiastic Assistant Store Manager for our store in Metrocentre, to supercharge, and share in, our success.
Join Suit Direct for a job that’s 100% you. We don’t crush individuality, we encourage it. Share your obsession with style with our tight-knit team. And help every man that walks in to stride out with confidence.
This position is a 40-hour per week contract and includes weekend work. It’s important that you’re open to working flexible hours to maximise your store’s success. In return for your dedication and team leadership, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary from £20,400 per year, plus the best bonus scheme in the retail market. Don’t just work in a shop, join a movement.
What will you do?
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will:
- Work to achieve KPI targets to maximise the performance of your store
- Visually deliver the Suit Direct brand in line with our ‘Suit yourself’ approach
- Monitor and control branch expenses and staffing costs, ensuring maximum profitability
- Maximise margins by managing mark-downs, discounts, stock loss and targeted selling
- Support the Store Manager to effectively manage and develop the sales team within the store and maintain overall standards
What qualities will you have?
- Experience in retail and a customer-focused attitude
- Great communication skills so you can deliver our market-leading service
- Comprehensive brand and product knowledge, and an eye for upselling opportunities
- Balanced leadership skills and a passion for developing your team
- A knowledge and understanding of HR, with an eagerness to foster an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves
- Administrative skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Above all, a passion for individual style.
What will you get?
- The best bonus scheme in retail – based on team sales each week and paid on top of your salary
- Employee discount of up to 50% off our products, and biannual discount vouchers to spend on our latest ranges
- Monthly store challenges with great rewards for achieving your targets
- 28 days annual leave pro-rata, increasing with service, and average Bonus paid on any day’s holiday, to help you recharge
- Comprehensive learning and development – onboarding that sets you up for success, tailored training to upskill and reskill, clear paths for career progression and opportunities across Baird Group
- Free membership of the Retail Trust, including access to support helplines and extensive online content for confidential help and advice
- A generous refer-a-friend scheme for new job opportunities.
With a rich heritage dating back to 1894 at Baird Group we pride ourselves on the quality of our product and the service we deliver. With over 500 employees both nationally and internationally, we believe in dressing men well.
Baird group are a part of the Arafa group. Arafa Holding is a leading global textiles and apparel manufacturer and retailer based in Egypt. The group serves a diverse global audience, including top international brands and global retailers.
We have the strength, willingness, and determination to show initiative, make things happen, and carry them through. We have the courage to ensure that we and the organisation act with integrity.
Doing things the right way with the right behaviours for the right reason. Acting ethically, honestly and at all times with integrity.
We expect people to respect others perspectives and roles, responsibilities, and ideas regardless of their position. We take the time to understand, trust, admire and support each other to achieve shared success.
We are proud and take satisfaction in delivering the goals we set within a safe environment where commercial success is achieved.
We will create a safe and supportive physical and emotional environment for all colleagues.
We strive to embrace and be respectful of all colleagues whether personally or in the roles they carry out in the organisation.
We foster an environment where change, creativity, and new ways of thinking and doing are celebrated, encourage, and supported. ‘Make your vision happen’.
We act wisely in a way that at all times adds value for stakeholders in the organisation to provide a sound financial platform for stability and growth.
We take ownership and accountability for actions and contributions to achieve commercial goals and success.