ABOUT THIS POSITION
Purpose of the Role
To support the Business Support Manager at Metrocentre Management Offices based in Gateshead in delivering timely and accurate Service Charge monthly reporting, forecasts, annual budgets and associated accounting functions. You will be responsible for ensuring the accounts payable processes are being adhered to and follow up on queries through to resolution.
To provide administration support to the wider Centre Management Team.
- Preparation of monthly reporting to an accurate and high standard providing analysis and commentary on variances.
- Liaise with budget holders to manage an accurate budget/forecast position.
- Assist the Business Support Manager with budget preparation.
- Assist the Business Support Manager with forecasts.
- Prepare journals for monthly allocation of income and expenditure.
- Overseeing the accounts payable function at the centre ensuring the raising of orders, goods receipting and query resolution are actioned in a timely manner.
- Produce evidence for internal audits when required.
- Prepare accurate Centre billing, monthly and quarterly for submission.
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Maintain positive relationships with all internal departments, off-site finance functions, suppliers and customers.
- Support the delivery of projects and/or activities that impact the Centre.
- Coordinate own activities with those of the department and other Centre teams.
- Provide support to other teams as required.
- Work with team members to achieve team and Centre objectives and provide assistance as needed.
- Comply with the requirements of all health and safety legislation and Savills policies and procedures.
- Undertake specific risk management tasks as delegated from time to time.
- Completion of all statutory and company training.
Qualifications & experience
· Accountancy qualification equivalent to AAT as a minimum.
· 3 years minimum experience working in a similar position.
· Proven track record in a relevant position.
· Competent technical and systems skills.
· Advanced excel skills preferable.
· Experience of Property Management and Retail desirable.
· Ability to work on own initiative, self-managing and motivating, able to acquire new skills quickly.
· Ability to analyse information and identify solutions.
· Strives to understand the business and its wider needs.
· Takes responsibility for own actions and workload.
· Proven awareness of and ability to meet deadlines and targets.
· Proven ability to organise and prioritise workload to achieve maximum productivity.
· Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
· Adaptable and flexible whilst working in a busy multi skilled office environment.
· Proven communicator with strong interpersonal skills at all levels.
· Team Player – maintain close working relationships within team and other employees to achieve goals and profit.
· Excellent attention to detail and presentation.
· Understanding and adhering to the need for confidentiality when dealing with both internal and external information.
- Contract length: 9-12 months
- Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Salary: £23,463.00 per year
- Day shift
Application: Click the 'Apply Now' button at the top of the page to apply via Indeed