ABOUT THIS POSITION
Contract Type : Permanent
Full time / Part time : Full Time
Business Area : Savills Management Resources(SMR)
Location : Gateshead
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for managing the day-to-day finance and providing analytical reporting to the Centre Director & Surveyor.
Ensure robust financial management of the centre’s service charge.
Coordination of HR responsibilities, such as sending accurate data to central payroll team, analytics on HR statistics ie, Labour turnover etc
As a key member of the Senior Duty Management Team leading by example to deliver the highest standards with attention to detail.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Preparing budgets, monitoring expenditure and income, cash flow management and producing monthly forecasts. This will include various sub properties, service charge budgets along with the centre’s NRI (Non-Recoverable Income) budget.
- Provide monthly P&L’s, income and expenditure forecast against actual.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Centre’s financial processes from purchasing to invoicing are completed in line with company policy, authority limits and controls.
- Provide reports to accounts and surveyors of any ad-hoc income and recharges, including checking appropriate documents available to support queries (for example on recharges to tenant occupiers).
- Provide ad-hoc reports, data and analysis to support the Centre Director for strategic and operational decisions.
- Work closely with the surveyor and client accountant to ensure all client requests are managed effectively.
- Management of suppliers ensuring all PO requests and queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of Service Charge expenditure is maintained and year-end reconciliations are completed.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to non-finance budget holders.
- Monthly review of income and expenditure along with adjustments to ensure adequate variance analysis.
- Management of the Landlord Rates liabilities.
- Support HR on payroll adjustments and manage the payroll process to ensure accuracy and minimal errors.
- Management of utility invoices, including void units. Checking invoices are based on meter reads not estimates.
- Working with 3rd party provider for Utilities to ensure accuracy and no debt.
- Maintain Audit of all contracts with suppliers, check invoices are within terms of supplier agreements and benchmark KPI performance.
- Provide recommendations for savings, and analysis of cost headings to show good financial and management controls in place. Obtaining accreditation awards to evidence best practice.
- Managing the centre Finance & Administration team
- Covering duty management shifts as per rota and where required weekends and bank holidays
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Computer literate, in particular Excel, SharePoint & Word.
- Excellence in organisational ability, oral and written communication, report writing and exemplary presentation skills, capable of engaging senior managers and delivery teams alike.
- Financial acumen with strong commercial focus applied within a large organisation, with success in preparing and managing budgets and profit and loss (P&L) accounts.
- Previous experience of property management accounting platforms desirable but not essential
- Ability to present articulately at various Management Meetings
- Strong Attention to Detail.
- Strong organisational and management skills.
- Ability to work well with others and make clear decisions and continue to deliver results under pressure.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to Handle Confidential Information.
- A team player who can work effectively with a variety of different people.
- Leading a team in a busy office environment with a focus on prioritisation and meeting deadlines.
- Driving consistent processes and delivering consistent results.
- Excellent people management skills, with a record of leading through motivation and recognition.
- Part Qualified/Qualified (AAT, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) or other similar.
- Deadline driven accounts environment experience and/or previous experience of working as a HR administrator.
- SIA non front line licence
£40,000 - £45,0000 depending on experience