Metrocentre is welcoming back shoppers safely on Monday 12 April with extended opening hours and a host of new retailers.
In addition to non-essential reopening, we are happy to announce that we'll shortly welcome some new stores to the centre, including a new concept Sky shop plus local independents Selfee Slushie store and Zucchini Pasta Bar, who will both open their doors in the coming months. A Tag Heuer boutique will also open this summer.
Safety measures are still in place to ensure Metrocentre remains clean and safe for shoppers including:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times by Metrocentre staff and visitors.
- When inside the centre, shoppers are advised to keep left and carefully follow the marked route to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitisation stands are available at entrances and key locations throughout the centre
- Controls will be in place at entrance and exit points to manage the number of visitors and where necessary, there will be a queueing system to regulate footfall.
- Restaurants and cafes are operating on a takeaway only basis and food and drink must be consumed off the premises.
Gavin Prior, Metrocentre Centre Director, comments: “We are committed to supporting our retailers as they reopen and get back to recovery after the pandemic – they have faced a challenging time and we are doing everything possible to help them get their staff back into work, reopen safely and welcome back our customers again.”
“We have all of the necessary safety measures in place ready for non-essential stores to reopen and are confident that our shoppers will continue to work with us so leisure and restaurants can re-open in May, and we can all look forward to the lifting of restrictions at the end of June.”
“We have a number of new retailers readying to open their doors including national brands and local independents which shows great confidence in the centre.
“We have used the lockdown to make some capital investments such as brand-new escalators in Town Square as well as new signage, uniforms and website which will be unveiled in the coming weeks.” added Gavin.
From Monday 12th April, Metrocentre's opening hours will be:
- Mon-Fri: 9am – 9pm
- Sat 9am – 7pm
- Sun: 11am – 5pm
This will give our customers additional time to shop safely, seven days a week.
To help you plan your visit, you may find the links below useful: