Environmental Policy Metrocentre Partnership
Metrocentre provides management services at Metrocentre shopping centre, including the provision of property management, property asset management and the commercialisation of retail outlets. The Senior Management recognise the potential that operations may have on the environment and on visitors, tenants, local residents and communities. For this reason, our main goal is to undertake business activities responsibly, while respecting and taking into account all the socio-environmental factors at stake.
In pursuance of our goal, Metrocentre Senior Management have committed to implement an effective Environmental Management System (EMS) in order to:
- fulfil compliance obligations
- protect the environment and prevent pollution while tackling the climate emergency
- continually improve the EMS itself and the environmental performance of the site under our management
In order to achieve this, we will:
- aim to reduce resource depletion by selecting products and suppliers that minimise environmental impacts and monitor our consumption of utilities
- minimise waste arising, recycling and practicing forms of sustainable waste management and maintain our zero waste to landfill achievement
- work towards net zero emissions by mapping out our carbon footprint and implementing a long-term strategy to gradually abate emissions in line with government guidance (e.g use of solar panels)
- minimise energy use and adopt green tariffs from REGO-backed renewable sources where possible
- minimise the risk of environmental impacts associated with the storage of polluting substances
- effectively manage the operation of plant and equipment to minimise the risk of environmental impact associated with their operations
- maintain emergency plans to minimise the risk of environmental damage in the event of an environmental emergency at the premises
- consider green leases agreements with tenants where possible
- support and enhance local biodiversity through tree planting, biodiversity initiatives and landscaping
- aim to achieve building-specific certifications focused on sustainability (e.g BREEAM)
Implementation & Key Objectives
Under the leadership of the Metrocentre, a dedicated team of personnel have been appointed to maintain and develop the EMS for the active portfolio. Assistance will be provided by Sustainability specialists to ensure the applicable ISO standard 14001:2015 requirements are maintained.
Within the Metrocentre’s Environmental Management System environmental objectives are managed applicable to their significance. These objectives and their relationships with the environmental aspects and risks and opportunities are controlled by the Operational Management Team.
This policy is communicated to all employees, tenants and contractors, and is made available to the public on the company website. Metrocentre staff are expected to read and understand the policy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Lids is the world's largest retailer specialising in the sale of officially licensed and branded headwear.FIND OUT MORE
B&M (Metro Retail Park)
Visit B&M at Metro Retail Park for big brands and even bigger savings!FIND OUT MORE
TAG Heuer opens new boutique
Luxury watchmaker TAG Heuer opens new boutique in Lower Red Mall with award winning and family owned jeweller Beaverbrooks at Metrocentre.FIND OUT MORE