ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Metrocentre Security Officer will maintain exemplary standards of security and customer service to customers and retailers. The role is public facing with officers acting in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
This role ensures the centre is a safe and welcoming place for everyone.
A can-do attitude is essential to this role.
This Role Attracts
- Full time permanent role on a fixed shift pattern
- 40 hour per week contract (paid for breaks)
- Annual Bonus
- Free onsite parking
- Public transport links at the Metrocentre
- Free uniform provided
- Paid for SIA licence renewal / Upskill / First Aid
- Break Room / Kitchen / TV Room / Locker room / Shower facilities
- Counter Terrorism Training
- To be part of a team in a permanent rostered shift pattern covering days and late shifts.
- Interaction with all visitors / tenants in the centre, delivering a first-class customer service going the extra mile.
- Professional, friendly, courteous, and helpful, looking for opportunities to interact with everyone in the centre.
- To ensure a smart appearance, adhering to the uniform policy.
- Must be able to work with external agencies including local authorities and law enforcement.
- Ensure a timely, effective response to all security incidents / Provide support to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all site procedures and policies are followed.
- Carry out proactive patrols of the centre focusing on public safety and suspicious activity.
- Carry out Counter Terrorism Training reinforcing our security strategy
- Manage unauthorised access by excluded persons.
- Respond to the site radio system, maintaining professional radio procedures at all times.
- Accurate completion of site records / reference materials including Health & Safety records, Incident Forms.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Own transport / use of public transport
· SIA Door Supervision or Guarding Licence
· Experience of working in a customer focussed environment
· First aid qualified or willing to work towards qualification
· CCTV SIA Licence
· Professional or further qualification in Security
· Experience of working in a security role within a customer focussed environment
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to articulate clearly and credibly with all staff.
· Capability to work unsupervised and take responsibility
· Aptitude to remain calm under pressure
· Smart appearance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Day shift
- SIA License (required)
To apply either click APPLY NOW at the top of this page or send your CV and Cover Letter to Chris.Taylor@savillspm.co.uk or Tim.McIntyre@savillspm.co.uk